To add sump or not.

I have a 15g aio and all the equipment to run a sump, and I so happen to have one around the same size of my tank, should I add it or keep the tank aio?

If its not broke dont fix it. Only help I can see is more water easier to maintain. Sump would hide things and allow for more filtration if you need it.

I was thinking of adding it for the bigger water volume so a single water change can't wipe out my tank like what just recently happened

2y2u5y5a
alt="">

Here's the sump I have I got it from marc I think he said it was a model a its a tad dirty and over filled but I think it should work just fine for the job

Sorry the pics all zoomed in tapatalk wouldn't let me upload the original so I had to crop it

Just looked up my return pump at 3ft head my pump is only 472 gph and the overflow box is 700gph problem?

@Marc wrote:
It's definitely overfilled. said:
its 2-3in above the float good thing it was just to see how much it holds, at 14g its to the bottom of the float, then added 3/4ths if a gal and got it there. Its your sump, what's the true working volume on it?

So I tried to dry fit the sump, it won't fit in my stand an inch to tall so I changed stands drained the tank moved it across the room set everything back up including adding the overflow box sump and return once I get the water I'll fill up the sump switch on the aqua lifter to start the siphon on the overflow and fo from there, I expect to have it filled in the next few days.