Membership Expired
Didn't start so well, but going in the right direction

photo_9_.jpg
alt="">

It's Alive, water, Half way through the cycle and collecting LED parts

IMG_0278.jpg
alt="">

Hey,
Good to see someone getting into the hobby. Looks good so far, really like the rock.

You said you are collecting LED parts, are you going to do a retrofit LED lighting build?

Also can you give us a run-down of your plans for the tank? Softie tank, SPS, LPS, mixed, etc. Thanks.

The 28 is a restart, been dry for awhile
Will have mixed’ corals, mostly LPS, few of the easy SPS, maybe thinking of a small Sherman RTBA

I am going to do 28 LEDs, have most of the items on hand, Need the driver’s , hopefully get them when Steve gets back from vacation, LEDs should be here next week, just need to decide on how I will attach them to the heat sink, adhesive pads or epoxy.

Hey,
Glad to hear you are coming back then.

Plans sound good. Are you going to do a 1:1 Royal Blue/Cool White build ? Would love to see the process and pics of the light build when you get around to it. Im sure a few people here would be interesting in that.

I can't vouch for either the adhesive pads or the epoxy being more effective than the other, I've noticed on Nano-Reef and ReefCentral that more people seem to be using the epoxy as its a little more permanent and more effective for heat transfer.