Texas Coral Fest this Sunday!

Opus

Premium Member
I guess Uchin is the only one that can post in his sponsor forum so posting this here.  Should be a lot of fun and ReefKoi is making an appearance.https://www.facebook.com/groups/357643834436940/  

I plan on being there. I've never been to this location. Can you still get a Karaoke room after you shop?

Is there a list of the vendors that are going to be there , and does anyone know if the same vendors from July r going to be there , or is there gonna be different n more ????? Thanx 

They are listed in one of the replies but I think hard to find if you don't know it is there.  I assumed it was because I don't really use facebook and I'm not familiar with how it works.   Anyway,  here is the only list I've seen: [[[Jason FoxGolden BasketUltra CoralsUnlimited Color CoralsFritzFraghouse CoralsNo Coast CoralsReefinNice RackAquatic Realm IntDirksIjam Corals CoSelect CoralsAnd special guest Reeffkoi]]]

Great show! Awesome stuff from every vendor. I'm glad I brought my wife to stay in budget or I could have mortgage the house on corals.Looking forward to the next one.

Other than a couple of vendors missing, yes it was a good show.  I didn't notice the prices being any higher, at least on the stuff I asked about.  The mushrooms are getting crazy and makes me wish Bill still had his shop.  He would get in some nice ones and not charge $100 per shroom.Next one is currently scheduled for 4/22/2018, but will most likely be in a different location.  I'm planning to go to Houston for their big swap on 4/21/2018 so not sure I will make it.  Depends on if the vendor list is much different from the Houston one.  If you remember Next Wave, the Houston show is comparable.  I had a great time at the one this year.

I went a little later in the afternoon around 3:00. I negotiated a little and feel I got some good deals.My haul for the day across three vendors; Flower Anemone, Fat Head Dendro (2 heads), Jason Fox Burning Banana, Christmas Favia all for $100. Any one of those in a WYSIWYG plus shipping would have cost close to that (minus the favia).  

Maybe it was because this show was 80% SPS so there was less competition for the LPS.   I found one of the vendors, I checked them all, was more reasonable.  I got a torch and a frogspawn, both about the size of a ping pong ball, for $90.  Everybody else was significantly higher.

Posted by: Modo I went a little later in the afternoon around 3:00. I negotiated a little and feel I got some good deals.My haul for the day across three vendors; Flower Anemone said:
Probably could pick up deals later on.  I heard the Houston show wasn't a big success from a selling standpoint so I'm sure some of them might be willing to make some deals to salvage the weekend from a sales standpoint.  I felt sorry for Dirk stuck in the back.    I had planned to buy some things from him after I got my corals and forgot since I didn't see him when I was walking around.  Thought about it when I was almost home.I got a Sungod paly from Reefkoi which was one of the main things I wanted.  Now to start saving up for the DFWMAS swap.

I didn't even know there was a vendor in the back until I went to the restrooms. It was all hard goods and no one was back there so I wasn't sure what the deal was, so I bugged out to the front. I felt like I wasn't supposed to be back there.Reefkoi was super nice guy to meet and talk to. I really had my eye his Chucky Brides and Red Apple zoas, but ended up going a different route. There was a couple of kickass yellow octospawns I reeeeally wish I would have moved on. 

Did Reefkoi still have the big red mushroom at that time?   Someone was wanting to buy it earlier but someone had requested he bring it because they wanted it.   He was trying to get a hold of them when I left to see if they were going to show up.

Posted by: Opus Did Reefkoi still have the big red mushroom at that time?   Someone was wanting to buy it earlier but someone had requested he bring it because they wanted it.   He was trying to get a hold of them when I left to see if they were going to show up. said:
Yes, he did. It was giant and the color of a construction cone. I checked his site and it's still on there.

I guess the person flaked and the one that wanted it left.  That is what I hate around here, too many people promise to show up and they never do.