Temperature issue

I am setting up a 24 Nano cube and my temp is around 84. Does anyone have the same issue and how do you cool it down?

Thanks,

Frederic

If its any consolation to you, I have the same problem. I use two powerheads and when its really hot outdoors (Texas has 1 season..... summer and 12 weeks of bad weather) the a/c doesn't cool as well inside so the temp goes up. Mine has been as high as 87 last night. I raise the hood point a fan on it and it cools down. You might try keeping the front lid open (personally I don't like the evaporation or jumping wrasses,etc.), keep your lights on less hours of the day, or even switch the lighting schedule to be on when its coolest in the house(nocturnal). I believe the heat is worse on the snails and other inverts but the fish seem to handle it well and when I see the temp get over 85 I shut the lights and blow the fan over the water surface. I hope that helps. I am also trying a 10 watt submersible halogen lamp in the middle chamber as a potential refugium but when the temp hit 87 last night I'm thinking that may work best in the winter. Any additional comments are appreciated. Regards Jeff

Lots of people change out the stock pump to a maxijet 1200 and seem to have good luck w/ bringing the temp down a few degrees, also change the 2 fans in the hood.

I had the same issue. I am running a mj1200 and use to have a minijet in the main tank. Tried everything. My house is usually cooled to 75. After trying a few things I thouht that even though my heater was set to 72 and should never turn on until the winter time I would just un-plug it and guess what. MY temps are down to 78-80 now during the day. The heater is either defective of just not a good enough quality or accurate. It is one of the chambers so you would think with the lower volume of water it would not need to turn on but it does I guess. Try running just your main pump and unplug the heater. Also use one of those cheapy glass in the tank thermomitor to read the temperature in the main tank. They are really more accurate than the digital ones.

What I did with mine was added a second fan to the hood with both fans blowing into the hood, swapped th stock pump for a MJ900(produces less heat than the 1200, half the wattage), and turned my 50watt heater down to 76.

This dropped my tank almost 6 degrees. I have an ambient room temp of 79 in the day, and 75 at night. My tank runs at 80.4 during the day and 78.6 at night.