Tank Tour Seahorse Style?

Well we were sitting around talking seahorses with Lee today and it occured to us how many of us in the north east (plano, allen, richardson etc) area are either keeping or raising seahorses.

I realize we are a small faction of the larger marine aquarium world but I cannot help but wonder how much interest there would be in organizing a seahorse tank tour in this area.

We had a heck of a good time hosting the last one, it was great to have everyone over for the cookout afterwards. Man we were all beat.

So if your interested chime in. If there is enough interest we will plan one for early June.

I think we could learn from each other about
culturing feeds
raising fry
keeping algae under control
seahorse husbandry
etc etc

Might be a good thing for people considering seahorses

That is a great idea. A species specific tour - very unique.

we were thinking 6th of June but flexible at this point.
This would be such a strange tour since it is so specific

But heck I think it would be fun

I think this will be a blast! There is so much to see and learn from one another.

We are truely excited that Lee and Nicki chimed in! We had our fingers crossed! AND a few others; hoping they chime in soon! :)

We were thinking 5 stops would make for a good day... what do yall think?

In addition, how does June 6th work with yalls schedules???

Thanks!

donna

I'd love to be in on this - I don't think you all will want to include my tank on the tour ( a little far) but I'll come see yours. That weekend is a little iffy for me, there is a horse show I may be attending in Guthrie that weekend but that all depends on how my horse is riding so plans can change.

Carolyn

@CarolynM wrote:
I'd love to be in on this - I don't think you all will want to include my tank on the tour ( a little far) but I'll come see yours. That weekend is a little iffy for me said:
I hope it works out that you can attend. The date is tentative until we can get the majority to agree with it. If the majority of the Seahorse tank owners agree to the date, it'll make good sense and we will go with it.

We are hoping to get 5 stops in... thus far, we have 3. And as it sits today, the date is good with the three of us.. (keeping fingers crossed) :)

Now remember folks, you don't have to "own" a Seahorse tank to attend the tour. We're just trying to see if there's enough interest before we promote it in the other forums. :)

Suggestions and comments are encouraged. :) This is "our" tour... not TJay and donna's. ;)

Thanks!

donna

You can count me in but there is a chance I won't be able to do it. My baby is due at the end of May so it depends on how I feel.

You might want to ask Joanna and Doug (waterbeing) they live in Richardson.

We were discussing the tour and would like to participate but Joanna will be getting ready and/or in Serbia through most of June on an art teaching ministry. If it were the last weekend in June we might be able to do so, but I don't want to ask to move the date just because of that. As an aside, I think the club meeting and Frag swap may conflict with at least 1 day in June too. At the present, we will have to pass, but will try to watch and see what the time/date is finally before we can commit for sure. Sorry to be so iffy, but it will be pretty uncertain month for us. :sad: :D

Might not be a bad idea pushing the date back towards the end of June. I spoke to Carla (of Carla and Frank) last night and they have company coming over close to that time and the date of June 10th may be pushing it a bitfor them, as well.

Which Saturday works for yall in June? Pushing it back to the 24th work for each of you?

Thanks,

donna

I'd love to see others set ups, but I'm not sure if I can make the drive over. I'm following the thread though.