Sump Guidance and Layout

I just bought a 120 and the below sump came with it. I've never seen one like this before but it might have potential. Total dimensions are 36 x 18 x 19 high. What are everyone's thoughts?
- Should I take out that black plastic that the previous owner used as a refugium and silicone in a tall piece of glass?
-If I do this, how big should the refugium section be?
- Why are there two holes drilled? Return and Skimmer?
- How would you experts lay this out?

There are two drains and two returns from the main tank. I know the refugium should have little flow, so I think it needs to be on the far left in the picture below, skimmer in the middle.

Thoughts? Oh, this is an Oceanic Sump. The stand is not big enough to have this and then another dedicated tank for the refugium. Stand is only 48 in or so.

Thanks in advance.

IMG_0511.jpg
alt="">

it looks set up right. dont know why there is 2 holes mine i bought used has 2 holes also just plug one. the refuge box will work fine so unless your skimmer is way smaller and u wanted bigger fuge then u could put in another divider

Hi,
Several way's to set this up. When I look at your sump/fuge, it looks like it was maybe or could be setup in a skimmer-->fuge-->return configuration. I would not personally put a skimmer directly in the refugium area, as that would skim out a lot of the critter's that you want imo. I would have the first section drain from the tank(have the skimmer here also if it fits) then have the dirtiest water feeding into the fuge or if no room for skimmer in the drain area, then have the skimmer at the end. The two holes look like they could have been the feed line for a external skimmer on one and a return pump on the other. Now if you will have an external return pump and skimmer that changes up thing's also. :lol: Many way's to flip a cat here.

Cheers,