Suggestions for led supplement for t5

FiberglassMonkey

Premium Member
I'm looking for suggestions for adding leds to an ati 8x sunpower. Looking for that led pop with my t5s. I've seen the sb reef bar, and reefbrite xho mounted and all looked well. I was interested in maybe adding 2 a160we or 1 a360we to the set up. Anyone run something like this or have added any led supplement to their t5 setup. In the past I had the trulumen strip but this time around looking for more par. Tank is only 30x24x18.Thanks in advance. 

Everyone that I know with ATI fixtures uses the Reefbrite strips.   Also, check out www.sbreeflights.com.   They have actinic bars and also sell a separate dimmer for them if needed.

Yea I've seen both and like the sb bar better. But I think I might want to have both blue and white, and the ability to control them... So many options lol. 

I personally think the best "bar" lights were the Buildmyled ones.  I actually think they are one of the best led's period, but they decided to drop their aquarium side of the business.    I can't really tell much difference from them over my t5 setup they replaced.   If you can find a used one I personally would go with it.  Having blue and white is up to you.  I run 2 actinic only bars for a few hours before and after the blue/white led strips go off.

I have a kessil a160we running with my T5s and I couldn't be happier.  Color, shimmer, spectrum and growth are fantastic.  

I ended up getting a a360ne for the tank. Now I need to figure how to use the apex to ramp up color and intensity, and figure what t5 bulb combo to go with. 

How many t5s are you running?  My personal preference is the ATI Blue + and ATI True Actinic.  Running those colors along with a Kessil at any color will give you fantastic spectrum, coverage and shimmer with very little shadowing.  Good luck.  

I have an 8 bulb fixture with blue plus, actinic, purple plus and coral plus. I think im going to try 4 b+, 1 c+, 1 p+ and 2 actinic. My tank is still dry. Hopefully in 2ish weeks it will be up and running. I'm going to try a build log to keep track of everything.