sugestions on pump

i am finely getting aroung to building my 120g i bought this while back. and need a new pump it had a Iwaki md-20rlxt pump that came with it but i pluged it up the other day and now it dont work so ? what one to buy? i think i want to stay external. So rule of thumb is at least 10x flow 120*10=1200gph. ill have about 3 foot head loss. The tank had 2 2inch holes drilled on left side with seperate chambers the drain side had a 1 1/2 in pvc pipe with slits in it, i am going to want to make it a Durso standpipe (right ?)

i saw someones else 120g using a mag 9.5 850gph w headloss that seam little low, but have seen others with 220g tanks with 1500gph and it be to much making microbubbles

i can get a mag 18 cheap @3 ft HL that would be 1500gph (too much?)
or should i stay at 1200gph range
i could plumb a t valve return back into sump ?
there is a genx PCX-40 in forsale forum that would be like 1000gph with HL (not enough?)

thanks

DSC00269.jpg
alt="">
DSC00270.jpg
alt="">
DSC00271.jpg
alt="">

Your tank turnover should be 10x minimum. However, flow through the sump should be slower, more like 3x to 5x the volume of the display. So a Mag 9.5 or Mag 12 using 1" plumbing is fine.

If you prefer external, you can find a Panworld pump. I'd get one that moves 1000gph as it'll do the job, not exceed your drains, not add too much heat, not create a microbubble mess, and not use a lot of electricity.

There's a red pump that is quite similar labeled Coralife that I saw at MACNA. I think they are private labeling another similar pump, such as the Panworld. I just can't remember the specifics.

If you don't have room for a Durso Standpipe, you could definitely fit a Hofer Gurgle Buster in there.
http://home.everestkc.net/jrobertson57268/HGB/index.html