Stock list

Hello everyone! Its been a while since I posted on here (2012!).Ive been out of the hobby for a few years and just got my 220 reef up and going again :) Unfortunately I ignored all previous advice on QT new fish and ended up with a tank full of ich (stupid I know). Anyway my current fish are hanging out in the 55 QT vacation tank for the next 59 days, soaking up the copper and getting better day by day (no loss yet).?After these guys go back home to the DT I wanted to use the 55 for a zebra lion and possible snowflake eel and ?????I had a fu man chu (sp?) and juvenile emperor angle a few years ago in a 110 that both died within 1 week for still unknown causes.? replaced them with a fuzzy dwarf and coral beauty for the same thing to happen. All water testes came back fine, no s/s of disease and no injuries. There had to be something in that tank (bought used) that vinegar didn't kill/clean off that killed them.I really liked the zebra lion and would like to get one again. The tank will be stocked around him, so any suggestions would be great!

I would only focus on predator fish; nothing else will mix well that i know with a lion fish in.I also don't have experience with a lion fish; I have a mixed reef and I never add aggressive fish to it.I added a snowflake eel which did amazing for a long time but then decided to take it out as it was too interested in my fingers when adding frags to the tank...

This may helphttp://www.lionfishlair.com/care-guides/lionfish/Triggers same size or bigger should work; maybe also some Angels; that would be a great tank to look at.

I had a lionfish with a snowflake eel, jeweled eel, clown trigger and panther grouper. Then I added a purple Tang to help with algae. Everything was pretty cool except the Jeweled Eel. It got kind of scary after it was about a foot long. He would strike anything that went in the tank. He made me worried to put my hand in the tank at all. ?Last about a year before it got too gross in there so I decided to shut down the tank.

55 gallons is pretty small for a predator tank. ?Even if you buy small, they usually grow fast and get pretty big.