Stn or bug?

b22

Premium Member
Is this slow tissue or some kind of bug pest? I think it's stn because most bugs leave round bites all over and not just one spot. Thanks

ba6f3954e001c07f6ac47894e84aa787.jpg
alt="">

You might keep a look for redbugs. It looks like what was happening to my sps when I noticed redbugs. They come out at night and destroyed very large colonies almost over night. Also what is got other tank parameters

Sent from pay phone in the airport.

I looked for red bug and aefw. I didn't see anything. My tank is loaded with sps and I do not see any damage on any other coral. I trimmed the top half of the coral that was not damaged and the pic is of the base that was left.
If it was red bug I think the coral would have died long ago.

Could it have been that there was not enough flow to keep detritus from collecting there, and the detritus was blocking that spot from flow, and light?

Yes. That area had very low light and it was right next to another coral. Could it just be the other coral stinging it over time?

Pic of the top half of the coral. I cut the top half off that had no damage dipped the frag and re mounted it to a new plug.
Now after about 24 hour the frag is showing signs of tissue loss
aa75cc8961346c9ee861f637bd4104d9.jpg
alt="">
210900808530f3dbab759f74bd72cbbe.jpg
alt="">

By guess is that it is not some bug/pest because it's at the base . If it was a bug more then likely it would be in other spots right?