Stephen's frag tank

FiberglassMonkey

Premium Member
Hey, I haven't done a build log ever and thought I should start and share this build. Been in the hobby roughly 2 years, bought Dc's 42g rimless and been hooked since.

This frag tank will be a Zoa, ric, and softy tank.

Picked up this end table today.
qesy2u4u.jpg
alt="">

Got a par38 bulb from rapid
je5yqa9u.jpg
alt="">

Using a current nova 24in duel t5 for the macro algae. Have a maxijet 900 running through a tlf150 reactor.
tymeqere.jpg
alt="">

Here it sits as I post this.
be3abyny.jpg
alt="">

I have some black egg crate to go in it. Picking up some smaller live rock to make some rubble. Only need some cheato algae and a media bag.

Hopefully it will get wet tomorrow.

All I will need is a controller...
Maybe there is a way to hook my apex lite up to it from the living room... Ill have to see if there is a way.

@FiberglassMonkey wrote:
All I will need is a controller... Maybe there is a way to hook my apex lite up to it from the living room... Ill have to see if there is a way. said:
I have 2 tanks running off my apex, surely there is a way for you.

~Matt

@reeferwanabe wrote:
[I]@FiberglassMonkey wrote:[/I][quote="All I will need is a controller... Maybe there is a way to hook my apex lite up to it from the living room... Ill have to see if there is a way. said:

~Matt"]
I think it's too far away to run them from one apex. Seems like they have to be connected with cable and are not wireless... The 2 tanks are 100ish feet apart.

@FiberglassMonkey wrote:
[I]@reeferwanabe wrote:[/I][quote="[I]@FiberglassMonkey wrote:[/I][quote="All I will need is a controller... Maybe there is a way to hook my apex lite up to it from the living room... Ill have to see if there is a way. said:

~Matt"]
I think it's too far away to run them from one apex. Seems like they have to be connected with cable and are not wireless... The 2 tanks are 100ish feet apart."]
Per the apex guide, you must have cables maximum of 200 feet. My 2 tanks are in same room however, after running cables along wall, it's around 32 feet. It still should work for you.

~Matt

Where did you get that end table? What are the dimensions? I've been looking for something that looks similar to that but haven't found much.

@Ben Runnels wrote:
Where did you get that end table? What are the dimensions? I've been looking for something that looks similar to that but haven't found much. said:
Craigslist. The guy had another one just in a different color... 25x25 top and 28 tall.