Sps tank ph and dosing

[I added my regular seachem products last knight and added buffer yesterday because the PH was low (7.2) but alk. fine, calcium 500 nitrates low. This morning the PH was so low it wasn't readable on the jungle test strips (it turned brite yelllow) ouch. When and what seachem products should I use and do buffer at night or in the morning. The directions sound easy for beginer on seachem products, But when should I move to novice when I don't know exactly. I really don't know exact gallons of because of live rock mixture of carribean, fiji and orther live rock? Do any of you have some sectrects using these products. MAIN QUESTION is what would have caused it to drop so severly and quick was it the corraline and sps using lots more calcium than was in the tank before dosing and testing last night? HELP!!!!!!!!!!!! ???]

[First of all, get a new pH test kit. Test strips are only good for a very short time, as oxygen ruins them rapidly.

I seriously doubt your pH was 7.2..... You could take a sample of your water to the LFS for them to test it for you with their kit as well.

I don't use Seachem products, only B-Ionic daily.]

[I would add ph buffer in the morning when your lights come on. I would be carefull adding ph buffers to your tank. What is the reason for your low ph? What is your alk.? And I agree, try getting a ph monitor they are a lot more accurate.]

[I agree witht he above posts 7.2 is extremely low. Try another test kit for ph. Also, Rick suggested testing for alk. What was it? The only time I ever saw a drop in ph was when I was between dosing pumps and I was manually dosing kalk. My ph spiked, then became unstable due to clcium carbonate percipitation.]