Sps photo(s) - dialup beware of d/l time

[I took some photo today. In this photo - I'm trying to show my pink digitata grows on this purple acro where they touch. Sorry but where they touch appears to be a white spot. Btw - this purple acro is/was purchased blue - once I change back to 10K bulb - it almost bleach out and now it is this bluish purple color. It's still somewhat blue compare to another purple acro in the upper right (which was purchased as bright orange from Cody). They do change color.

sps_top_view3.JPG
alt="">]

[This is another top looking down photo. I'm not good (yet) at taking reef photo - haven't had time to sit down and try Travis' suggestions on reef photo technique. My blue table acro does not look too blue here..and the top lavender acro appears wash out. But you can see one of my favorite green fuzzy acro colony that I got from Saltwater Paradise a while back. That still looks deep green!!

sps_top_view1.JPG
alt="">]

[Ok, here is another top down but from the other side. You can see a bit of my favorite green slim in the upper right hand corner. I have a few of them mounted to trade for SPS if anyone is interested. Also, you can see my purple edge mont. cap that I got from David a while ago. It has grown to a big piece of colony. I had to remove liverock from below to give it more head room to grow.

sps_top_view2.JPG
alt="">]

[Here is my favorite SPS, it came from Nick who said that it originated from Brad's tank. I initially got 3 little frag's but I mounted them together. It's a nice little cluster now.

sps_closeup.JPG
alt="">]

[I guess you can call this one tri-color. This came highly recommended by Saltwater Paradise. It's a Waltsmith coral, mounted on a stick. Color really look nicer in person. A bit tan/cream color, plus green hues - and purple polyps.

sps_closeup1.JPG
alt="">]

[Thanks Doc. I am using Nikon Coolpix 4500 (4.0 mega pixel). This camera has good macro capability. I take good closeup orchid photos in my opinion. But with reef - I don't have the patience and I really need to bring out my tripod. I try to take a shot of my 211g - I must say that I did a good job redo the rock work. But my 7 fishies just will not pose for me and I ran out of my patience. But I'm happy to say that last two photos of sps turn out good.]

[Peter, very nice pictures. The tripod helps, and using a timer so there is no camera shake is even better.

Fish shots are VERY hard to do, and I switch the camera to manual focus at that point, plus set the film speed to 400. Even then it is by chance I get one good shot out of 20.]

[Very nice indeed!! Especially that little lavender sps that you said you got three frags of and put them together, thats a nice color.]