Souping up a Koralia 4

I bought a Maxi-jet upgrade kit that will take a Maxi-Jet 900 and turn it into a 1600 gph monster. Having read some mod threads on ReefCentral I decided to put it on a Koralia 4.

Basically I took the SureFlow magnet and prop and put them on the Koralia shaft. Turned on the pump and... Surf's up!

In my not so scientific 'hand in front of pump test' the Koralia is moving MUCH more water now.

I need another magnet and prop for my other Koralia 4. :)

I've been reading on doing the same to my K-4s. I was going to take a the two MJ 1200 magnets I have and use them.

I'll post if I do.

Has anyone else done this or have any pics?

i just did my koralia 4....i had to use the original rod that came with koralia... but used the magnet and prop from the sureflo kit...you do get more flow...first couple times it was sucking in instead of pushing out

/bump

any issue with these not starting up in the right direction?

I was thinkign of putting them on a seio controller but i want it to blow, not suck =)

@chrissreef wrote:
/bump any issue with these not starting up in the right direction? I was thinkign of putting them on a seio controller but i want it to blow said:
I believe that's what kuyatwo means by it sucking in instead of pushing out, sounds like there is an issue with them starting in the correct direction occasionally.

sometimes when it starts up it goes in reverse so it sucks in...you have to turn it off and on till it goes in the right direction ...you do get more flow with the mod ...i just have been to lazy to see what people on reefcentral do to correct this issue