SLOW DSA 105 build

G

Well I figured I would start this since I just got some of my rock in. This will be a very slow build, but will be well worth the wait.

Dsa 105 rimless to start but more on that later.

First a couple of teaser pics on the phenomenal pukani I just got.

[attachment=0]uploadfromtaptalk1364510203082.jpg[/attachment]

[attachment=1]uploadfromtaptalk1364510223277.jpg[/attachment]

[attachment=2]uploadfromtaptalk1364510238382.jpg[/attachment]

Tomorrow I will be acid washing and bleaching, followed by a cure with seaklear lanthanum chloride until no more phosphate leaches out and I will document that on here.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

I am waiting on a couple of things for this build to materialize.

1. I have preordered a waveline dc6000 and it should be here sometime between now and june 1..... Lol

2. I am also on the wait list for an octopus dc pov skimmer.

Pending those two items I should be able to make some progress.

I have 1 mp-40, but need to go ahead and order another one.

As far as lights I have a 8bulb tek elite fixture that I will be modifying so that 2 of the bulbs are removed and in its place will be 2heatsinks with leds for pop and go shimmer.

As well as the rock tomorrow I will be modifying the current stand to allow for a bigger melevs reef sump as well as enclose an area for electronics.

Pics to follow as I do it......

Got the rock acid washed and dumb me forget to take pics before they went into bleach. I think I should have bleached previous to acid so I am going to hit em again after a 2 day bleach soak. Here's a pic mid acid.

[attachment=0]uploadfromtaptalk1364595727781.jpg[/attachment]

Yes it is! I was super excited when I saw what the DSA guys brought for nextwave and bought 500 tickets just for it.

Here is a pic of the tank as well as the background. The background is a universal rocks background and I will be putting an inlet and an outlet into the background void are to keep water from stagnating. In the pic the stand is backwards so that is not the front of the stand.

Also here is the lanthanum I will be using while curing the pukani.

Ok the stand is finally in the house. Saying the sump is a tight fit is an understatement. Working on adding 28 rb leds to the tek elite fixture tommorow.

y9urymyj.jpg
alt="">
metumu6a.jpg
alt="">
amuremet.jpg
alt="">

Well today is hump day for this tank. I might if I am lucky get water circulating today. I got my skimmer in and I went with the rlss r6i, looks like a great skimmer so far. I just finished the light fixture as well.

The light fixture is a tek elite 8 bulb fixture, but I wanted some pop of rb leds. So I removed 2 bulbs and retrofitted the fixture with 2 meanwell drivers, 26 rb leds, and a control cable to my apex to control 13individual from eachother for a sunrise, sunset along with the t5s.

e2esa9u8.jpg
alt="">

juhebyry.jpg
alt="">

8ysu6ede.jpg
alt="">

e9e3edyq.jpg
alt="">

u7ahasa7.jpg
alt="">

egy6e5uz.jpg
alt="">

nu7aba8a.jpg
alt="">

ypu5eraz.jpg
alt="">

I also have some 80 degree optics that I may or may not use

Well after a lot of work it is half #@$ up, still a lot to do but it is running and the skimmer is skimming

The greatest part so far is I can't hear a peep from the tank. The skimmer is dead silent. The return pump, a dc 5000, is dead silent, and I did a herbie overflow and I can't hear it standing right next to it

Awesome! I have a DC4000 and a DC6000 on order and I can't wait to not hear them. ;-)

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S 4g using Tapatalk.

@Titus wrote:
Awesome! I have a DC4000 and a DC6000 on order and I can't wait to not hear them. ;-) Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S 4g using Tapatalk. said:
Yeah I had a 6000 on order and pulled it and went with the 5000, wich I think is perfect for this tank.