Skimmer help

I have an AquaC Remora HOB skimmer that I used for my 20g. I went on a vacation and came back to it not working. The pump is fine. My water in my 20g did evaporate quite a bit. Just looking for advice before I try to mess around with it. Anybody have any ideas? Thanks

I think it's just your water being low. Whenever my water level is low it does not skim. Just top off your tank. Give it a try

Yeah I get a 5 gallon bucket and pour an inch of regular cheapo vinegar in it. Put in the parts and fill it up with tap water. Let it soak a while and then scrub with and old toothbrush. If you have small hoses or orifices be sure to get those clean as well.

You definitely want to clean the spray injector. That is located under the collection cup. Remove the plastic nylon screw very carefully. Run a pipe cleaning brush through that area repeatedly, then screw the screw back in enough to seat it. Don't screw it in too far or it will drop inside. It just is a access point or cover; don't go nuts and mess it up.