Skimmer going crazy

TheReeferBoss

Membership Expired
I did a water change 2 days ago and my skimmer started going crazy, the new water mix did sit in the tub for more then 2 weeks as I got lazy and didn't do my schedules water change. 2 days later and the skimmer still going crazy I already checked the air lines and everything that could cause the problem but everything looks fine. I don't know what to do.? If I have to check the water parameters what should I check for since everything in the tank looks fine.

Can you raise the body of the skimmer so it isn't sitting in as much water? A small stand might help.

The water sat in a tub for two weeks without circulation?

@Marc wrote:
Can you raise the body of the skimmer so it isn't sitting in as much water? A small stand might help. The water sat in a tub for two weeks without circulation? said:
With circulation.

@TheReeferBoss wrote:
[I]@Marc wrote:[/I][quote="Can you raise the body of the skimmer so it isn't sitting in as much water? A small stand might help. The water sat in a tub for two weeks without circulation? said:
With circulation."]

I'm pretty sure it sitting for 2 weeks didn't cause it to happen. Mine goes crazy with changes in barometric pressure, humidity, etc. I've left water circulating for far longer than that and it cause no problems.

Did you dose anything?

@coralreefer wrote:
[I]@TheReeferBoss wrote:[/I][quote="[I]@Marc wrote:[/I][quote="Can you raise the body of the skimmer so it isn't sitting in as much water? A small stand might help. The water sat in a tub for two weeks without circulation? said:
With circulation."]

I'm pretty sure it sitting for 2 weeks didn't cause it to happen. Mine goes crazy with changes in barometric pressure, humidity, etc. I've left water circulating for far longer than that and it cause no problems.

Did you dose anything?"]

Nope, I didn't dose anything.

My hands haven't been in the tank for a long time.

Is the same batch of salt that I been using for a couple months.

rodi water is fine 0ppm

I can't think of anything that could of caused it.

The container were the water gets mixed stays in a room that nothing could of gotten into the can.

Very strange, I'm gonna try to do another water change and see what happens.

Something might have died in your tank causing an amonia spike.

Here's what i do.. I do a 20% water change. run carbon for another 24 hrs. then have another 10 gallons of salt water mixed. I will then open the air on the skimmer fully (normal when you open it all the way, it would make the water level in skimmer drop). have the skimmer hose go to a bucket. Keep the skimmer running, and whatever the skimmer takes out. replace with new water. It should go away in about 5-10 gallons.