Skimmer and PhosBan Reactor

Mitch9192

Membership Expired
The short and sweet: My skimmer has stopped producing skimmate after adding a new PhosBan Reactor running ROWAphos.

I have been running a AquaC EV180 for the last 2 months and I have been somewhat pleased with it; however, it doesn't seem to do what my old Super Skimmer did. For one it produces much less skimmate and two it dosen't have the rotten egg smell the other skimmate did (not sure if that is good or bad). It is also very finicky, for example when I feed a whole tower of foam (5") will completly collapse, but my old skimmer use to go crazy producing foam then.

As implied I have recently added a PhosBan Reactor running ROWAphos and now my skimmer <u>is not producing anything. </u> I have not made any changes or adjustments to skimmer it just immediately stopped working. I did rinse the ROWAphos until clear as the instructions stated.

Has anyone had this problem? Will the skimmer start back up after a few days? Could it be similar to the break in period of a skimmer (oil in the new reactor)?

Thanks,

Mitch