Sick naso.

silveroak

Premium Member
I think he's too far gone to save, but I am hoping someone here can give me advise. He's breathing heavily, and won't swim. He wouldn't eat today, and seemed fine yesterday.

Took water to true perc, and it tested perfect. The rest of the tank is unaffected. He does have a spot on both sides of his lower body near the tail, but no other signs of illness.

I have only had him since last Thursday, and other than what is going on, he looks like a fat, healthy fish.

By the way. Anyone with immediate suggestions can call me at (682)459-7731. I'll be awake until the fish starts swimming or passes on. I'll post updates here.

He passed. The picture of the spot is here. Identical on the other side of the fish.

By the way, there was no aggression here. The only other inhabitants of a 110 are 2 cardinals, 2 mollies, a sea hare and a BTA.

@Matt wrote:
Sorry about your loss. If you only had the Tang for a week it's likely he was carrying some sort of parasite or disease. It's impossible to say what happened based on the picture. said:
Thanks. I have been told that is the case. It just stinks. He had very quickly become my favorite fish.