Setting up a tank

Hi my name is justin and i am new here and im sure this subject has been posted here somewhere but i can not find it but i am thinking of setting up a tank and have no clue how to do it and need help.

That is a broad subject.... to start. You need to ask yourself and answer the following.

What do you want to keep in your tank? Fish only with live rock (fowlr) or do you want to keep coral as well.

Do you want to keep soft forals or hard corals? Hard corals or sps are general a little harder to keep and are also more expensive so i would not recomend that to a newb :)

What kind of fish would you like? Clowns, tangs, gobies, or more agresive fish like triggers, lions, and puffers?

How big of a tank do you want to start with? This is directly corelated to the fish you want to keep. You obviously cant keep a vlamingi tang in a 30 galon nano, and some very small fish you might never see in a 300 gallon.....

Next and probably what is going to effect your choises the most is how much can you spend to get a tank up and running?

You can spend 300 or 400 bucks or 3000 or 4000 :)

Let us know what you think you would like to start with on tank size and budget and im sure there are a lot of people on this forum that would love to help you get into the hobby.... welcome to the salt water world, its a great hobby and super fun to learn and get into........

Sent from my LG-V909 using Tapatalk

Hey Justin,

When you get a moment, check out this link which covers some of the above advice and a bit more. http://www.melevsreef.com/tanks.html

Cheers,