Seneye has arrived!!!

zaphod1

Membership Expired
Arrived on the door step yesterday...cant wait to play with it.

image.php
alt="">

I thought it was bigger. I guess pictures online make it appear bigger...or you have massive hands!! [smilie=lol.gif]

Have fun, can't wait to hear your review!

I also got mine for $99 when it came out as part of the deal with Reef Radiance. I only use it for the PAR meter, but it is rather difficult to use because you have to click on the "measure PAR" button while holding the sensor under water.The SW interface needs serious improvement to be a useful PAR meter. It also claims to give you Kelvin reading, but can never tell me what my LED K temperature is, even when I put the sensor at the bottom of the 29" deep tank! Not a very useful toy IMHO.

@nobody wrote:
I also got mine for $99 when it came out as part of the deal with Reef Radiance. I only use it for the PAR meter said:
I don't have to click par after inserting, just click light meter and it show just fine. The kelvin problem is because of the different led's used I think, when mine does read it says my kessil 350's are 15.5K.

@rckrzy1 wrote:
[I]@nobody wrote:[/I][quote="I also got mine for $99 when it came out as part of the deal with Reef Radiance. I only use it for the PAR meter said:
I don't have to click par after inserting, just click light meter and it show just fine. The kelvin problem is because of the different led's used I think, when mine does read it says my kessil 350's are 15.5K."]
Yeah, but there was a "save" feature to save the data. I still haven't figured out (didn't care enough to try hard) where it saves the data to and how to get the SW to show me saved data. Also trying to read the computer screen when you are high up on the ladder holding the device is no fun.

@nobody wrote:
[I]@rckrzy1 wrote:[/I][quote="[I]@nobody wrote:[/I][quote="I also got mine for $99 when it came out as part of the deal with Reef Radiance. I only use it for the PAR meter said:
I don't have to click par after inserting, just click light meter and it show just fine. The kelvin problem is because of the different led's used I think, when mine does read it says my kessil 350's are 15.5K."]
Yeah, but there was a "save" feature to save the data. I still haven't figured out (didn't care enough to try hard) where it saves the data to and how to get the SW to show me saved data. Also trying to read the computer screen when you are high up on the ladder holding the device is no fun."]

I built a folding shelf on the side of my tank to hold acer and a acrylic holder like Marc's to hold sensor. I never got around to trying the save functions either.

I just set my kessils up for 150 on the sand bed and about 500 on rock tops for SPS

I just got in on the DFWMAS purchase special and opted to add the wifi web server too in order to try it out. I figured it was well worth it even if I just the use PAR meter function. I don't think the special buy ones are shipping until the end of the month though so it may be a bit before I can report back onif the wifi web server makes it easier to take measurements (i.e. by not having to have a computer connected or cable connected to the web server).

I just got in on the DFWMAS purchase special and opted to add the wifi web server too in order to try it out. I figured it was well worth it even if I just the use PAR meter function. I don't think the special buy ones are shipping until the end of the month though so it may be a bit before I can report back onif the wifi web server makes it easier to take measurements (i.e. by not having to have a computer connected or cable connected to the web server). said:
Just an FYI - the DFWMAS purchase special link is in the Reef Radiance forum. I started the thread. The sale ends on SUNDAY (9/21). Good deals on LEDs, controllers, and of course, the Seneye. I bought a Seneye with the Wifi web server at MACNA.

I had heard at one point that you would be able to measure standard tests like mag, cal and alk with this. Any insight on those options? Did they drop it or will it be added later? Or was I just misinformed? Thanks