seduction palys won't open

AndyM

Membership Expired
I thought I will ask here since we have some zoa and paly junkies around here.
So I just got my corals back about a week ago from my boss cause the first day I moved here I crashed my tank.
And since I have gotten them back (about a week ago) these won't open over than a small slice so I keep moving them around my tank worried since they cost 70-150 per poylp.
my boss's tank is well taken care of but he had MH and I have Led so I turned down my leds cause i didn't want to sock them. I turned them back up 2 days ago.
My boss said they were open in he's tank.
all my other zoas have open rasta,red hornets,cars but my cars became green?
There's some pretty bad algae on my lps and a little on the zoas but nothing horrible.
But I did go to the stare and buy a soft toothbrush so later today I can brush them off to make sure it's no algae?
I did run out of 2 part about 1 1/2 weeks ago so I did a water change today 5 gallons in a 28 nanocube.
everything in the tank looks great and open other than these.
I just don't get it?

Thanks for the help [smilie=rofl.gif]
Andy Masters

@Zoa_joc wrote:
[I]@AndyM wrote:[/I][quote="Thanks guys I am going to move them now since there in high light and flow now. said:
How is it looking today?"]
There starting to open a little bit bigger so far.
Here's a iPhone pic. Look at the little round glows.
[attachment=0]ImageUploadedByTapatalk1374186586.182704.jpg[/attachment]

Well just a update it keeps mocking me it's just doing a slit it's in my center cave so flow is slow and not a lot of light.
So I did a idiot move I fragged one polyp off we will see how good it does

From the pic I don't think it's cause of the light that the palys are closed look like algae or something on the disk is irritating them

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@kuyatwo wrote:
From the pic I don't think it's cause of the light that the palys are closed look like algae or something on the disk is irritating them Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk said:
Ya I have clean them I will get a toothbrush and do it again tomorrow

I did clean them and they open the most I have seen since I got them back last night. (cause I turn on the blues so I could see) then today they where P-O and then my Rock work fell. I just have the worst luck with these curse zoas since I got them all this happens. I still hope they open.
And when they opening up last night they were 1-2 inches under waters surface and pretty good flow.

Do you check for pests, nubis, spiders ect remember always dip with powerhead
If you can't end up getting them to open ill trade you out of them with some of my zoas
Also what are you parameters looking like

@Bdcampbell3623 wrote:
Do you check for pests said:
There still not opening really.
I didn't dip but there's nothing I can find my other zoas are doing great.
Pm me you're think about trading out.
And my parameters are
Alk 8.6
Ph 8.2
Cal 440
Mag 1500

Did you use a turkey baster and blast them real good? Mine get really mad if any kind of detritus builds up around them. I usually use my turkey baster to squirt mine at least once a week. I've got four different colonies of Seduction PE, and they all like to be kept clean.

Honestly, I would do a Furan2 dip on them, and Coralrx. Just in case you are dealing with an infection, or a pest. Were they open in your bosses tank?