Rust spots on ligth canopy - How do i remove them

[I recently bought a used pc canopy and the outside has rust spots all over. The ballast and unit itself works great. The inside and reflector are also in great shape with no rust. Only the outside and lots of it. How do I remove these and keep them from returning. Is it possible then to have someone powder coat the outside? Where?]

[I know Coca Cola or Vinegar helps with rust removal. Unfortunately I don't have any suggestion on where you can take it after that to get it coated.]

[I suppose you could clean out the rust. Sand the metal with some fine sand paper. And paint it with some some good metal paint.]

[CLR does a good job removing rust. Also home depot sells white enamel paint for high temp applications after you clean the hood paint it with the enamel. Good as new

Enamel comes in diffrent colors]

@DallasJose wrote:
[CLR does a good job removing rust. Also home depot sells white enamel paint for high temp applications after you clean the hood paint it with the enamel. Good as new Enamel comes in diffrent colors] said:
[Jose,

Is this the stuff for BBQ grills or is that something different?]

[I cleaned most of the rust off last night, but it has made the metal much weaker. Parts of the lip (which hold the clear plastic face) have broken off.]

@DallasJose wrote:
[I think it was for stoves/ranges has a pic of a stove on it. Though grill paint sounds like a good idea too.] said:
[Gotcha. I think I know what you are talking about. I agree with you, imo, the enamel would look better than flat back bbq paint.]