rockwall build

The other day someone posted a link to a build of a rockwall with pond foam and now i cant find it. (He was finishing his new house)
It had egg crate and then he used pvc pipe to make out croppings and i think they had water flow through them.
If you know of the thread please link me to it.
Thank You.
Steve

Check this one out on Reefcentral. It has links to lots of build threads.

http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1438807&highlight=foam+wall

I did my own, which you can see in my build thread, so after reading through the RC threads, if you have questions as you go along, feel free to shoot me a PM. Might not always catch something posted on this thread, but if you PM me, I'll be sure to see it.

To go through it in very simple steps;

I measured and cut my eggcrate panels. Be sure to cut out holes for bulkheads, overflows, etc. if needed. You don't want them too big, or they are hard to lift and manuever when completed.

Laid them out on a large foldout table. Placed wax paper under them to keep the foam from sticking to the table.

Placed the rock on the eggcrate. I think it looks better if you use more rock and less foam. I tried to leave 1" to 2" between rocks, just so the foam would have a place to grab the rock and the eggcrate. Some people ziptie the rocks to eggcrate, but I didn't. Just laid them in place and started foaming.

Once the foam dried, I turned the panel over and foamed the open spots in the back. This grabbed the back of the rock, and filled up any open spaces.

You want to end up with a flat back, for siliconing to the wall of the tank, so I then used a long blade to cut off all the foam, on the back, that expanded outside the eggcrate. Hope that makes sense.

Then used a knife to shape my foam. Applied epoxy to the foam, and covered in fine sand while it was still wet. Let it dry, shook all the loose sand off and applied a 2nd coat of epoxy to the areas that needed it.

Finally, placed in the tank, applied a full tube of silicone to the back of each panel, and stuck to the tank wall. Used 2x4 to wedge from front glass (using a cloth cover on the board)to the panel to hold it firmly in place while the silicone dried.

Hope that helps some.

Thanks for the info.
I saw one where the guy had placed pvc around the eggcrate then put powerheads on them had holes drilled in the pvc so he had good (little jet blasters) water movement.
Thanks again.
Steve