RO/DI Placement Question

So, I am trying to setup my ro reservoir out in the garage to free up space in the laundry room. I can either leave the RO/DI in the laundry room like I have it now (connected with the washer output) and run a line about 40 feet to the 55 gallon barrel I have in the garage, or I can put the RO/DI unit in the garage, tap into an outside faucet and have a much shorter distance for output water to travel.

My questions are:
1) Can I run about 40 feet of tubing (output from RO/DI)? Do I have to worry about pressure or the water making it all the way out?

2) Can I put an RO/DI unit in the heat of the garage or do I need to find a way to keep it in the cool house?

Oh, I have the Melev 100gpd unit. Thanks in advance.

Josh

Josh, my system is designed so it can push water a maximum of 40'. After that, production rates will drop.

The heat of the garage isn't good for the system, nor would a cold icy winter. If you have to do so, I would insulate it with a cabinet lined with foam. This also keeps any sunlight from shining on it. Still, if something breaks or cracks due to excess heat or cold, you'll have a mess to clean up. I know how hot my garage gets, which is why mine is in my utility room. I'd be far more concerned about it cracking during a hard freeze though.