Return line turning yellow

Is this normal?

y5e3uve9.jpg
alt="">

Maybe a sponge growing in there. Not normal from what Ive seen. I know coralline algae grows in mine that is close to my sump light.

Sent from pay phone in the airport.

At first glance, it does look like a sponge ... closer look looks like specs ... What is the flow rate on the return? ... something may have deposited eggs.

Flows pretty fast have a rio2100 throttled down about 1/3 and it keeps up with that. My return doesn't show signs of it just my drain and there is purple specs in it too

Did you ever figure out what this was? I've got the same thing in my return line. Just noticed today after a water change. Mine looks worse though.

[attachment=0]IMG_5062.JPG[/attachment]

I will only use PVC or black tubing in the future. We had almost 100% blockage of algae in our tubing at school. I had to take it off and use a pipe cleaner to get it out.

Matt

Thanks, I appreciate the replies. I'm going to replace the hose and crank my return pump flow up a little. At some point in the near future I plan on replacing my old bio ball sump with a refugium. I'm battling nitrates like crazy. [smilie=devil.gif]