Resealing a 225. Any help or suggestions?

saltstarter428

Membership Expired
This past weekend I got a 225 Marineland from another member. It does have a small leak in the back bottom seal. I have resealed other tanks in the past but nothing bigger then a 40. Does anyone have any advice or experience in resealing a tank this large? Also, if anyone with experience would be willing to help. I could provide pizza and beer.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

My advice would be to call marineland and let them know that you purchased one of their aquariums on the used market, and you have found out that it has a leak and ask them for some advice. Maybe they will give you a discount or something on a new one. With that large volume of water, I would be leary of a reseal. I have seen allot of posts on this forum and there are success and bad stories on resealing large aquariums.

Big tanks like that to do it properly you need to break down the tank and rebuild the tank. If one seal is failing I would redo all the seals in my opinion

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ok thanks guys. I think I will give Marineland a call and if that doesn't work. I'll break it down fully and give it my best shot.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk