Regal Tang advice needed

Hello all, I just purchased a Regal Tang. Overnight, it formed the dreaded parasite ich, I have no QT tank :oops: , but am treating our 90 gallon RR with the reef safe formula Kick Ich, I have used it before, but never on a Tang. He/She is active and is eating good, I was wondering if there is any other treatment that you guys have used to get rid of it? I fear catching it will lead to more stress, if you have any advice, please help me out, Thanx! :wink:

Most people on the forum would say to catch it and qt the blue tang. As for me, I used extreme garlic to feed my tangs which help my tangs build their immune system. You can also use a UV Sterlizer that will also help as well.

I also like to overfeed my tang. The more they eat, the more likely they will be healthy.

i used kick ich on my tang successfully. I was in the same boat. I couldn't get to it without taking apart the whole tank, and I worried about the stress. I hate using chems in my tank, but it has to be done sometimes.

I have used Kick Ich in the past. you will probably find that there are many opinions on this boad about the topic of chemicals as an Ich treatment. Personaly opinion, I thought it worked.

I have also heard in some circles that Pimafex also seems to work. Today I use Blue Neon Gobies. They are great cleaners and of the Tangs. Mine all station up for them. I am a firm believer that they are a benfit to the tank.

I agree with Steve on the neon gobies. Its cool to watch the fish swim over to them for a cleaning. Plus at about 1 inch not much stress to your bioload.

I will have to agree neon gobies are the best. They are fun to watch as well.
I have one in my tank. I picked one up at Petco for cheap. :wink: