Refugium container? - ?

[Has anyone seen the container that is called Tuff? I dont know who it is made by but i saw it at lowes today. Its rated for 25 gallons I was thinking of buying them for one of my systems and doing a test on them. It is 15$ and comes with the top, they are REALLY hard to bend.Id say the sides were a good inch thick! I tried to wiggle the sides and it really wouldnt give very much, I guess you can say i did a in-Store-Test :laugh long: Well was wondering if anyone Has used one of these. They are also flat black with a yellow lid that comes off. Seems like it would be a nice container for a reefer or Coral Farmer on a budget. Ill be using one for a sump and one for a refugium if i decide to buy a few of them. I can go tomorrow and get emasurements if anyone wants me to.

I was wondering if anyone could give me advice on using PVC piping on reef tanks. In a week or two im going to re do my whole plumbing system because im tired of all the tubing everywhere.

Just trying to help out a bit!
Travis]

[Oh i didnt know that, thanks for the heads up! Hmmm that would be a good project to test what containers are the best for the DIY person. Will NO bulbs still make the container brittle. And yall can disreguard the PVC pipe questions, Marc cleared that up for me.

Travis]

[I'm talking about the clear/translucent containers. I left one outside in the sun for a month and was extremely brittle and cracked when I moved it. I wouldn't chance it. One of the better ie thicker containers may hold though, I've not tried it. I use 33 gal trash cans and large grey 50 gal. containers the latter bend and need reinforcement though.]

[Another thing to consider is if the material it is made out of is food safe. LPPD is the stamp you would be looking for to assure the container won't leach toxic stuff into your system.]

[Agian thanks for the heads up! I will go look tomorrow and check them out. I would have never thought of looking for the food safe lable.

Travis]