Reef Capapble Marineland Leds?

Are they worth it? Looking to get a cheap led fixture for my 20g tank. Anybody have any experience with these? Are they good enough for any kind of corals? Thanks

Trung

I have to disagree with most of the people here. I have this light and have been very pleased especially for the price. $212 Foster and Smith sale for the 24-36". For YOUR size tank it will look AMAZING. I have tried other leds from local vendors that I will say don't compare.

The veterans here I know wont agree with me as most of them have huge tanks and require a more square type fixture to properly cover their tanks lighting needs. Not to mention some have passed judgement without even using the light lol.

Bottom line, for what you asked, is this a good light for a 20g L? Answer "IMHO" is absolutely yes!

If you are looking for a cheap, high power LED setup, look at RapidLED! They just lowered their prices, again!

Oh yeah, thanks again for the plate coral! I am enjoying them!

David

I think, with some light electrical skills and reading, you could build a better fixture for your money.

As for experience with them, no, I have none.

If he was lighting a larger tank I would say StevesLEDs, but he said "cheaper", so .............

He could light his tank with a total of 12 LEDs, for a total cost from RapidLED, including shipping, of $101. If he wants a dimmer, $15 more. Pick up a couple of small computer fans and a wall wart at a discount electronics house for about $6. Cheap!

David

Everyone has different things they want.

I am helping someone now that wants something that they can lay on top of the tank the way that he is presently laying vho bulbs on top of the glass. He can move each bulb individually. He has no diy skills either. I told him about Reefbrite strips which can be handled that way. He won't have to redo the canopy, or anything. Just plug and play, and treat them just like he did the bulbs, which is what he wants.

StevesLEDs is what I personally would go with on a tank like yours, because it is a quality product at an affordable price, and because I can handle the diy part of it.

I think RapidLED is good for a small tank if you want to save money, and like diy. It has a simple power supply/driver combination unit that is easy to deal with. And their kits use Cree LEDs, which some say are the only way to go. I have some of them and some of Steves, and I personally like the look of Steves 1 chip royal blues over the look of the Cree XP-E royal blue.

David

If you look at my tank thread I created a side by side freshwater/ saltwater tanks that are each a custom 17 gallon rimless glass tank. I have the double bright led for my freshwater and can grow tons of live plants and have since January. I also have the reef ready led system for my saltwater and love it. I currently have the following coral in there: GSP which has doubled in size every month, daisy clove polyp which has doubled in growth as well. Fuzzy mushrooms which are about to split, dragon's breath algae, Acans, Orange montipora, Lemonade Digitata, Misc montipora. Actually the light is very strong and I had to move some of my lps down from the top because they were getting "burned". Now they are doing fine. I am supper happy with the product. The only thing I don't like is that the moonlight and the daylight are not separated and can not be put on a timer to switch between the two.