Red-Ribbon/FiveStripe Wrasse sci:Thalassoma quinquevittatum

Anyone out there have experience with this fish and if so, did you have any problems keeping it. THank you. I have had the fish in my softy tank for a week now with no problems. The only thing I could find was an article stating that they are not very common in the trade and they may eat my crustaceans and nip at corals. No nipping at corals and so far, so good. thanks

keith

Anyone? http://www.saltcorner.com/sections/zoo/fish/wrasses/thalassoma/Tquinquevittatum.htm
This is the only thing I have been able to find on the fish.

Thanks bigsteve. I have looked quite a bit and have yet to find anything. He is awesome looking and seems to be very hardy.

DSCF0164.jpg
alt="">

He looks to be in the same "family" as my Xmasse wrasse i had once...most definatley a preditor, but did not hurt my shrimps, snails or clams. He will take care of any pod problem you may have... :wink:

This looks a little like what we call a Rainbow Wrasse, pretty common in the Keys. If it is this fish it gets pretty big best I recall, and they are prolific jumpers.

There is no mistake as to what kind of fish it is. There just isnt much information out there on him. It is not a rainbow wrasse, it is just as I stated. Look at what I posted and compare! I did find information on him, just very very little.