Raisehell's 60 gallon

Raisehell

Membership Expired
Hello DFWMAS,

My name is Rācell (pronounced like raisehell) and this is my second saltwater tank. I currently have a 24 gallon Aquapod that's been running since October 11, 2014. I realized after the first month that I wanted a larger tank. Now that my 60 has cycled, I'm already dreaming of a 150. I guess it never ends, huh?

I seeded the 60 with filter media and some live rock from my Aquapod. I've got about 60 lbs. of rock, 60 lbs. of oolite sand, a 48" Current Orbit LED Pro, Fluval 306 canister filter with lrr, sponge & foam. I am getting ready to add Chemipure and Purigen now that the tank has cycled. I have 3 Koralia powerheads turning over about 2,425 gph. I have a Remora AquaC skimmer with a Rio 800 pump, but I have not installed the skimmer yet. I started this tank on May 25, 2015 and it cycled in about 10-days. My diatoms lasted a week. At three-days into the diatom bloom I added about 22 hermit crabs. The diatom's disappeared about three days ago so I added my Cardinal fish, a feather duster, a couple mushrooms, and various zoa frags from my 24. I also fragged my first corals, a green birds nest (accidental break) two frags of orange Bam-Bam Zoanthid's, and a GSP. So far everything is transitioning nicely.

Hope y'all enjoy the ride along.