Purple Lobster

DennisF

Membership Expired
Put a purple lobster in my reef on 11/21 and for two days he stayed in the same spot in the rocks, then gone. Had not seen him at all until this morning in the same general area. If you get one look at him real good, take pics too because you will not see him very often afterwards! :lol: I don't know why I waste my money this way! :? :roll:

they are shy and barely venture out durring the day. They will forage at night and pick on snails and small fish.

Marc go a picture of mine back in June, I got him from another member a year ago and he had him for about 6 years. So he's at least 7 or 8

pete_lobster.jpg
alt="">

Some animals are better suited for a species tank, where it can be enjoyed. However, its desire to be out of signt is natural, even if we think it should be on display around the clock. :wink:

Mine is pretty shy, but he does come out when the food hits the water column. Even then though, if I get too close to the tank he will retreat back into his cave. But the purple and oranges when he does come out are spectacular!

I have a similar issue with my horseshoe crab. I know he burrows but it's really nice to see him sometimes. Bought him yesterday, put him in the tank... puff and he is gone... under the sand and probably never to be seen again LOL.

But its really good to know he is there and may grace us with his presence from time to time.

Geo

Also, if you have moonlights those horseshose crabs sometimes come out and swim around like idiots at night. I used to have one and it was really funny to watch him after lights out.

It is good to know that the lobster is alive at least! I can look for him in the rocks when I have nothing elso to do! :roll: