Pump for a SWC 160 Cone

Joe Reborn

Premium Member
Anyone know if i can get a Pump to Work my SWC Cone Skimmer. I unplugged it a while ago and plugged it back in and would not start. I cleaned the Impeller and Pump itself and still nothing. It feels like its not getting enough power or something, because the pump is like Pulsing. Any Info would help me a bunch, thanks.

I think that those come with since pumps. If those that's pretty common. To get mine started I hold it vertical so the inlet is pointed up. You will here the pump sound change when it starts. If you let the pump run in vinegar and water for a day or so it usually helps.

Fixed it. Not sure what i did but its up and Running. I took the pump out and put it into a Bucket of Fresh water and before i poured the Vinegar in i plugged it in and i didn't start right away but a few seconds after being plugged in it turned over so i unplugged and set the skimmer up again and turned right on. Its odd since i never unplug the skimmer i unplugged the wrong plug today and brought all this about. Normally i just turn down the skimmer level and clean the cup. Anywho all is well. Thanks

They run an atman 2500 pump. Sometimes the hybrid meshwheel can be difficult to start. If you've had it for a while check it and make sure the mesh doesnt need to be trimmed. You can purchase a new pump for around $50 on several online stores.