Possible problem?

[i just got my first fish for my tank this weekend (2 ORA perculas) they are both very active and colorful and are eating well. however, i have noticed a small white bump on the "nose" of one of them. i don't know how concerned to be of this. the bump is about 1 mm dia. and is not flush with the skin, but raised up. i got this fish at pp and did not notice anything when i got it. any suggestions?]

@fingertip wrote:
[i just got my first fish for my tank this weekend (2 ORA perculas) they are both very active and colorful and are eating well. however said:
[Well, two things to be woried about. Marine Ich obviously. A cleaner shrimp should pull that off him pretty quick though. There is also a clown disease I think that looks like Ich kinda, but its usually seen around the clown's head. Maybe I'm getting my info crossed there, but something to consider. You can always quarantine him and use a very small dose of erithromycin just in case.]

[i dont think its ich because it is not flush with the skin.... it seems to be receding a bit....
so have you old timers had circumstances in the past where fish seem to have a problem, but miraculously healed themselves?...what did you do?]

[First random thought was it was acne on a juvenile fish. :D

But seriously, fish can heal. My Tang got a few ugly spots on its body, but those healed completely. My Royal Gramma looked like it was at death's door after being badly attacked during tank transport, but I kept it in the tank and now it is fully recovered. And this fish had major major damage to its fins, but they completely regrew.]

@Marc wrote:
[First random thought was it was acne on a juvenile fish. :D But seriously said:
[Yes, I agree completely. Fish cure themselves all the time. You can almost suspect that most diseases are the result of some stresser or other. These parasites, fungi, and diseases are in the water all the time. They aren't usually affected unless their health deteriorates, usually due to shipping stress, some tank parameter sometimes, or another fish that harasses them, or feeding schedules. Who knows really what stresses a fish? A bad fin day, maybe? I don't know. But as the stressers are removed their immune systems get back to normal and it goes away. Ya know, the best you can do is let em have access to a cleaner shrimp and if they're happy they'll do well. I have worse luck actually trying to QT and treat a fish. They always seem to die if you subject them to the stress of moving them. And I loose fish all the time when I keep them in smaller tanks, but in my big tank, I hardly ever loose a fish unless I just can't get him to eat when I first add him to the tank, even that doesn't happen much. The only difference is more stable tank parameters, more places to hide, more fish to play with and coral frags to knock over at my expense. All the things that make them healthier and less stressed basically.]

[thx guys. it seems to have just about cleared up and they seem very happy. they do occasionally twitch, though...do other people with clowns see this?]