Porcupine puffer in a reef tank?

So I was talking with Wayne from Custom Reefs and he told me about his porcupine puffer that he trained to eat nori only and that sleeps next to the inverts in his reef. Has anyone else ever kept one successfully in a reef environment? I've always wanted one but had always heard they are definitely not reef safe. If there are others out there who've done it, Id like to give it a try.

He was not joking... I have seen this puffer. He was like a pet dog, he would eat the nori right out of his hand and even let him pet him. It was the craziest thing I have seen with fish. I can confirm that all inverts/coral looked untouched and were thriving.

I had one (RIP) that was a model citizen in a reef tank..not sure if he ate a hermit or two, but I was never wiped out of inverts and my corals never got touched. ps he is gone and the inverts still come up missing...
..mine was like a puppy also, always followed me around the tank, would squirt me with water at feeding time..I do miss him.. (not sure why he died, he expired while I was out of town..would blame the wife but it was her favorite fish).