Plumbing manifold

I want to run one Dart pump on a manifold to run my skimmer, 2 TLF reactors, calcium reactor,chiller and return. Anyone have a good design that used that works well? Last thing I want to do is build something that doesnt do what I want it to do.

Thanks

I would think the best thing to do would put your pump on the header with a tee for each item you want to split the flow to. After the tee going to the item you need a flow control device. Most likely a ball valve. You will lose some flow due to the valving and all. But most likely you will not be able to notice much. Each valve will have to be tuned to how you like it. If you have any questions let me know. How big is your pump and how much flow do you want to return to your tank? It will be tough to know how much flow is going to each item accurately.

i am not sure a dart will do what you are wanting it to do. doing the math....

120g tank - about 900g flow
phosban - 150g flow
phosban - 150g flow
chiller - 800g flow
skimmer - 600g flow

you are looking at about 2600g flow minus head and pressure loss. I can only tell you by experience the dart moves a lot of water, but not through a lot of pipes. Of course the estimates above are just that and when you figure how much restriction is being put with 90s and Tees and ball valves and the linear feet of pipe plus head pressure it really does work a dart down. I ran a dart on my 300g and i would not try running the skimmer as well.

Also, is your skimmer pressure, or just recirc? If it is a beckett or downdraft, forget it as the dart pump is a dog for something like that....

It should work.
Return 120 x 7 = 840gph
Deltec ap600 Skimmer only needs 150gph
Phosban only needs 80-90gph
Calcium reactor needs very little flow.
Chiller 800gph
That equals 1880gph needed.
The dart is rated at 2600 gph. That means I would have 720gph that could be lost due to head pressure. I will run the calculations on the head loss calculator to see if it will work.

@JHawk82 wrote:
It should work. Return 120 x 7 = 840gph Deltec ap600 Skimmer only needs 150gph Phosban only needs 80-90gph Calcium reactor needs very little flow. Chiller 800gph That equals 1880gph needed. The dart is rated at 2600 gph. That means I would have 720gph that could be lost due to head pressure. I will run the calculations on the head loss calculator to see if it will work. said:
The Deltec needs 160, but thats just splitting hairs :)

http://www.deltecusa.us/proteinskimmers/ap600.php

The trick you will be running into is actually adjusting to all these numbers. Ball valves are not the most accurate things and unless you have a flow meter, you're going to be guessing. You might consider doing gate valves instead to get a little more control.

When you are adjusting these.. start with the equipment first and let whatever else (flow wise) end up in the return section, so close down all the others first, and leave the return wide open. Start at the closest piece of equipment first and work your way down the line, otherwise you may end up having to do multiple adjustments to make up for the slow decline as you work.

Depending on how you have everything plumbed etc... that extra 700+ may get eaten up rather fast.