Please ID this coral

McReefer

Membership Expired
I've posted these up for ID before and no one had any guesses. Well they colored up a little more, I got new lights and I busted out a nicer camera. Please any ideas would be very cool.

May want to ask on another forum that has a lot of Zoas or see if you can find them online somewhere

Sent from pay phone in the airport.

I've asked 2 knowledgable zoa collectors and both suggested a relation to joes crab nebula. I contacted the person I bought these from and they said that they never purchased joes crab nebulas. Still digging.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you want to trade a few heads of black hole Suns for a few heads of them let me know.

Sent from pay phone in the airport.

These is growing pretty good so I'm about to frag a 3 or 4 polyps so maybe. I have ktars which looks a lot like black holes.

I cant believe those made it. These can only be the armor of god zoa's that I had in that tank.They were tiny specs on a rock when you got them. Severely bleached and on the verge of death. The only other zoa's I ever had in that tank were orange bambams, radioactive somethings that were solid green and some fire and ice which were blue in the middle and smaller polyps. The armor of god were the only ones that were brighlty colored with pink in the middle. Looks like this one could still be slightly bleached, but its recovered a ton. Maybe it ends up staying these weird colors, because it was just pink in the middle and blue on the outside. I know for sure I never had anything that looked like these zoa's in any of my tanks and as I mentioned the several indicatiors that these were my armor of god's. here's a pic of them in their hay day, since you bought them damaged. Also a picture of that rainbow wellso brain coral before the crash.

This is what the armor of gods looked like when i just got them. For some reason zoa's have a habit of growing very long stems in some of my tanks, with strong metal halide and LED lighting. I have no idea why.

[attachment=0]ImageUploadedByTapatalk1417671839.910468.jpg[/attachment] not unless you had 2 colonies of AOGs because this rock came from your tank as well.

[attachment=1]ImageUploadedByTapatalk1417671900.202747.jpg[/attachment]and this is when I called thy welso dead, flippe it over in the sand in a corner. Then this is what it's come back too so far.[attachment=0]ImageUploadedByTapatalk1417671958.221147.jpg[/attachment]

This is closer to when I got them from you.[attachment=1]ImageUploadedByTapatalk1417672437.241778.jpg[/attachment][attachment=0]ImageUploadedByTapatalk1417672463.186865.jpg[/attachment]

Dude youre a wizard! Looks like you got your moneys worth. Every bit of that stuff was on its last limb and probably polluted your tank at first. I cant believe that rainbow wellso brain recovered from nothing. I've only read about that online. You saved everything. great job. as for those zoas. Those were mutated eagle eyes originally. The green ones on the rock with some blue, red and gray ones. They were awesome. All the same size though. Something happened to these. Either some died and somehow these grew on there from something else, but that rock originally covered in those eagle eyes. Dont know what else to tell, you. Its either something bleached/mutated from this picture, which isnt much, or something that got on their from your stuff.

vyazj5.jpg
alt="">
2hhf2ok.jpg
alt="">

Shoot.... Well ill give them a few more weeks to color up and if I still can't get an ID ill just name them. That's the popular thing to do now right?

You are correct on that. Mutated anything gets a special name by the owner. Thats how some of the designer clowns are named. Even though they come from a specific breed, they end up looking different and get different names. As far as ZOA's, everyones got a different name for the same ZOA's. How every they do comeback, they will look awesome and already do.

Thanks man. It's been a long road. We've been moving around like someone's playing hot potato with us. My tanks have changed 3 times since I got them. But we're almost done.