Pinpoint wireless thermometer Good/Bad????

SCOTT42

Premium Member
Well I guess it would be a little late to ask as I have all ready purchased one, but are pinpoint wireless thermometers any good? Do they keep good reliable/ accruate temps?

Mine broke several months ago, and I can't find my recepit anywhere. Which is pathetic since it has a 2 year warranty. I still need to contact the mfg to see if they are willing to fix it.

Are any of you guys useing more than one remote sensor? I bought a 2nd sensor to use on my 2nd tank, but I cant tell which sensor is on what tank, as far as the temp showing on the display.

I have had mine for about 7 months now and love it really good for a quick reference. It is monitoring two tanks and the readings seem to be very accurate. I did have a bad monitor when I first got it but Pinpoint exchanged it right away. Let us know what you think of yours.

So far so good, I took my second temp sensor and put it in my make up water trash can. Now I can get good reliable temps from both tank and new water before water changes. I think im going to place a order for a third temp sensor, unless some one has one that they want to sell. Allso I done a temp test with a coral life temp gauge a there was only a 2/10ths of a degree differance between the two. Not bad.

I've had mine for a couple of years and love it. Just use good batteries so you don't have to change them very often. I thought about getting a second sensor but my other tank is upstairs and it couldn't get a reading that far away.

Mine worked great until the sensor fell into my sump....not good. Need to get a new sensor as of right now.