Picture Gallery????

zaphod1

Membership Expired
Where is the new location of the picture gallery that was copied over from the old site? I cant find all my pictures and none of my stuff is working without it as I reference those pictures in my postings....HELP!!!!

Posted by: zaphod1 Where is the new location of the picture gallery that was copied over from the old site? I cant find all my pictures and none of my stuff is working without it as I reference those pictures in my postings....HELP!!!!    said:
A lot of files were lost on last year's hacking event with the hosting company; if you see your images in the archive then at some point they will make their way to the site.  If you don't see your images in the archive then those files are gone.I sent you a link in response to your query yesterday; if you have further questions let me know.

Posted by: zaphod1 what query yesterday....I was not on the site yesterday??????    said:
Your last week's query I responded to it yesterday; here is the link again http://www.dfwmas.org/history-data-import-process/ 

Ok that is the process and what we can expect from the process. But, how does that address the moving of just the images itself....are these images gone? Were there no backups taken of our site....ever??? I am an I.T. guy and find that hard to believe that we lost all that data with out a secondary source to grab them from. Please, help here with info...need the info man.

That was exactly my same question to both the BOD and previous web masters.How is it that in all these years no one has a backup? Have never seen this happen before in all my years in IT; specially on a forum on this magnitud.I did have a backup of the database because I created the very day of the hack attack otherwise there will be no archive today.I do have backup from that archive and our new website so we finally have a backup after so many years of history both local and virtual.Answering your images inquiry; We ran a script friday that recovered 40% of death files from all different segmented backups the hosting company was able to recover.You should now see all the images that are available the rest are lost.Hope this answers your questions.

That is absolute crazyness....the provider should have at least had one...oh well....Another question I have is that I cannot send private messages when I click on links to users I get you cannot view that profile...I dont want to view I want to send a message...and you cannot tell who is who when your writing the message by the first name only. 

Posted by: zaphod1 That is absolute crazyness....the provider should have at least had one...oh well....Another question I have is that I cannot send private messages when I click on links to users I get you cannot view that profile...I dont want to view I want to send a message...and you cannot tell who is who when your writing the message by the first name only.     said:
This issue has been fixed, you should be able to PM a user from the profile page.