Pics - Zoa morphs after crash...

khoff

Membership Expired
As a few of you know, I managed to crash my tank after dosing FWE to kill some nudis. Lost 90% of my LPS and SPS. Zoas weren't happy, but about 4 weeks later, most of them are pulling through and showing signs of renewed health.

Many of the zoas have been closed for weeks, and are just now starting to open up. Some look the same, some dull, and some have really changed their look altogether:

Eagle Eye:
eagleeyeaftercrash_zps2b7a38e9.jpg
alt="">
Utter Chaos:
utterchaosaftercrash_zpsc0d91691.jpg
alt="">

Just thought it was interesting eye candy :)

-Kendall

Those upper ones do look quite different from Eagle Eyes at the moment, you're right.

Perhaps, wasn't so many nudis as brittle star genocide....... Rounds 1 and 2 didn't have so bad of results.....

Crash?????
Sorry to hear that! I've been off for a while since our last bad storm here
If there's anything I have I can help to replace, let me know!

Had a slight ammonia spike when the tank went brown, so that's the conclusion I drew. Could be wrong... Could have been a certain species stressed and poisoned everything. No way to really tell now! Anyway, I expect the discolored zoas to morph back to normal in due time!

Chris, good to hear from ya!

I've seen some eagle eyes somewhere else that did this. If I can dig it up ill ask of the effected polyps stayed that way.

hate to hear about the crash, interesting regarding the zoas though. Let me know if/when you're ready for SPS again.

Thanks Frank. The chalices I got from ya are still alive though, but brown... I'm sure they'll come back in time...

No problem, I've had a few crashes in the past I understand. It is good to hear the zoas and LPS are making it through, hopefully it'll all come on back for ya.