PH high, Alkalinity low

Sherman

Membership Expired
I got my carpets cleaned Sunday, and the cleaner went heavy moisture in front of the tank to extract water I spilled on the carpet. He used a water extractor and now I have fans drying out the carpet. My PH is creeping on 8.5 and My alkalinity went from 7.45DKH and today it is 6.83DKH.
Calcium 450
Mag 1400

I did add a few corals recently, a huge Favia ~4"x5" and some Mushrooms.
I does BRS Calcium and Alkalinity.
Do I need to increase my Alk dose amount because of the additional coral? I usually run 7.5DKH or so...
CAn I dose ALk now? Will my PH go up more? Is it ok to raise above 8.5
Am I out of whack because of the Humidity in the air?

i would double check your salinity. humidity shouldn't effect PH, but it can effect salinity, which in turn can effect everything. also, sounds like you are getting good air flow in that room, so you probably have less c02 build up, which can cause ph to rise - the danger there is when you finish drying and close things back up, it may fall too rapidly. i would wait to dose more alk until you close things back up.

See my response in your other thread. High pH plus BRS recipe 1 or something that will push pH even higher can lead to abiotic precipitation and lowered Ca and Alk levels. Various methods of increasing CO2 can lower your pH.