OZONE

Well I'm thinking about adding Ozone to the aquairum. I wanted to ask those of you that have used them, what brands you liked over the others and pros and cons you liked with it. I'm also looking for the queitest unit as well. I plan on buying a reqular ozone unit, no bells and whistles and control it with my Apex. Not sure that is the best idea, but that is what is on the table for now.

ya, red sea will get the trick done. i used it for many years back in the day. i have a different brand now but haven't tried it out.

what are you using as your ozone reactor?

I havn't bought anything yet. Just looked a few peoples setup and videos on this forum and reef central. Just trying to decide on the best setup.

@mtraylor wrote:
I havn't bought anything yet. Just looked a few peoples setup and videos on this forum and reef central. Just trying to decide on the best setup. said:
I would look at avast reactor seems very well built.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Make sure you review this. http://www.reefkeeping.com/issues/2006-04/rhf/index.php For a complete clean system check out here, their system is pricey so you can use their layout to design your own setup. http://www.marinetechnical.com/page6.html

Cheers,

@mtraylor wrote:
Well I'm thinking about adding Ozone to the aquairum. I wanted to ask those of you that have used them said:
do a search for ozone AND FIRE and see my house fire pictures . Do NOT buy anything cheap or made in china, the insurance company found the fuse was still good and the device just kept on blazing.

@kuyatwo wrote:
[I]@mtraylor wrote:[/I][quote="I havn't bought anything yet. Just looked a few peoples setup and videos on this forum and reef central. Just trying to decide on the best setup. said:
I would look at avast reactor seems very well built.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk"]
I have the Avast reactor on my setup. Just also note that you will need to be a 2nd reactor for the carbon output, so don't just get the ozone reactor itself.

As mentioned above, there are risks with ozone, so make sure to do it right from the beginning... e.g. high quality and not skimping on removing traces of ozone (to your air or water).

I built mine out of PVC for a total of $35 and an Ozotech Poseidon 200mg generator. I've read from other people the Red Sea generators wear down after a while. Ozotech's are a little cheaper too. I'm waiting on my check valve for the ozone reactor but the reactor itself runs through a carbon reactor to prevent any gas from escaping into the air or into the return. My ORP already reads at 350-380 so I'm going to slowly raise it up to an average of 400 on my Apex. My only concern with the Apex or any ORP probe is that they eventually need to be calibrated. I'm considering a backup probe to ensure accurate readings.