Obviously not good, but why?

So im about 90% sure whats happening is my favia has taken a turn for the worst. Its starting to form a "hole" at one end
It sucks but i know it happens im just wondering whats going on. all of my other corals are doing great and having no issues.
Is it just a random freak occurrence or is the "hole" in the favia caused by something im doing wrong?

My water tests fine, temp fluctuates a bit but never anything drastic. Plenty of light and flow. and was doing just fine untill this morning.

pic is attached. and dont mind the random black speck its on my camera.....

Whats your calc, alk, mag, ph, ammonia, nitrates, and nitrates?

Most people are going to what to know that before being able to help diagnose anything.

Any Frags next to it looks like it is getting stung

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

nothings near it. no other frags or anything

calc. 400ppm
alk. 7.8 dkh
ph 8.0
ammonia almost 0
nitrates almost 0

my testing supplies is about time to hit the trash need a new kit. but from what ive been able to test its all good.

its just a random hole popped up and its very slowly getting bigger

Only thing I can see is you dkh is low it should be around 9-10.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Anytime your ammonia is "almost" zero then that is a very big problem right there and your water if not "fine" Ammonia and nitrites should <u>alway's be zero </u> in a fully cycled tank. How much LR do you have, how long has the tank been setup and what is your fishload like. Salinity?????

Cheers,

i say almost cause my testing equip. is old as crap and hard to discern at this point. but none the less i went to
my local fish store and had it tested and by their charts it was good..... i have a hard time trusting the employees in there
they are not very knowledgeable imo. but everything else in my tank is doing great and showing no issues at all
the tank has been set up for about 8 months i have 7 fish and 14 corals at this point
salinity is .024 and approx. 75-80lb of live rock maybe.

@grape4pe wrote:
guessing im just going to have to join the dark side and grab a "chem stash" said:
@grape4pe wrote:
i say almost cause my testing equip. is old as crap and hard to discern at this point. but none the less i went to my local fish store and had it tested and by their charts it was good..... i have a hard time trusting the employees in there they are not very knowledgeable imo. but everything else in my tank is doing great and showing no issues at all the tank has been set up for about 8 months i have 7 fish and 14 corals at this point salinity is .024 and approx. 75-80lb of live rock maybe. said:
@grape4pe wrote:
guessing im just going to have to join the dark side and grab a "chem stash" said:
To be totally honest, if your tank has been up for 8 months....comments like these are troubling. In reality it doesn't sound like you have any idea where your tank parameters are at, yet you mention dosing. I would suggest getting at least the test kit's for the big three..alk/ca/mag and find out the exact values for these. It would also be beneficial if you knew the daily temp and ph swing and salinity measured with a calibrated refractometer. Without solid data it is nearly impossible to help diagnose whats wrong, saying something is fine, ok or in range does not really help us help you.

Cheers,