No will to survive

digital_gods

Membership Expired
Has anyone ever experienced the behavior where the bta nem just seems like it has no will to survive? I had a srbta that keeps moving behind rocks. I move it to a decent spot with light and protection, but it wanders out. It eventually split and that is when it really got worse behavior issues. The split died and parent nem went hiding deep into my rock work. I found it only coming out at night. I would try to feed it but it would wander off. Eventually it died and threw by ballance off in my tank. I have gbta and rock nem in the tank, healthy and no issues. Any thoughts?

Some gbtas will make rose bubbles sick even to death just by being in the same tank.

David

Whats your parameters? My guess is you had the gbta first parameters got way off over time and rbta was placed in causing it to die.

Sent from inside the shark tank!

My nitrates spiked from the split died. My nitrates do run little higher than I would like it but I am stickler for phosphates. I make sure to keep it in check with weekly liquid phosphates remover.

I'm leaning towards the idea David said about different bta in one tank don't play well with each other.

The kryptonite green bubble tip that I got put the hurt on my rose bubbles. Euphylias don't want to be in the same tank with them either.

David

I found my srbta last week. I thought I had lost it. It was all white and shriveled but after get light for a week, it's starting to show signs of recovery. I'm seeing the tips starting to turn pink.