Newtank - My new 150

kraigrrr wrote:

[Very nice! I know you and your cute little mermaid are all excited about it. 3:30A.M.!! Isn't that a bit past her bedtime? It's past mine for sure. I know how it goes though. I bought an existing tank from the Dallas area and had someone break it down and move it to Tyler for me and set it up. It was 5 A.M. the next morning before we had to stop and get a little sleep and then we were back working with the tank a few hours later. We werent able to stop until he got everything plumbed with LS,LR , corals, and fishes in the tank. They had gone long enough as it was in the tubs and ice chests. We were all exhausted! Fortunately we didn't loose any thing except for one fish that jumped out of the tank.

Have fun! Can't wait to see more pics as you progress!

Cindy]

[yeh... I started at 7:30 pm and I had to move it from Lake Dallas area to west side of Frisco.... I am lucky enough to work for a Dodge Dealer and I used a box van to move everything in 1 trip...I put all the water in 6 34 gal. trash cans...what a job...when I get it cleaned up I'll post more pics...]

kraigrrr wrote:

[Your right, you are lucky to be able to use a van. We used two trucks with lots of tubs, buckets and ice chests. We also used all of the water we possible could out of the tank before we broke it down. I have to change out my sand bed before too long. Its caused my nitrates and phosphates to be off the chart. Too much stuff got stirred up when moving I guess. I dread having to break it all down again to put in new sand plus I need to move it down the wall some as its rusting up my air conditioning vent.

Looks like your skimmer is doing a fine job for you. What kind is it? At least you'll have all weekend to play with it.

Have fun, CIndy]

kraigrrr wrote:

[Wow Kraig! That looks great! :nod:
How much rock do you have in there? Your aquascaping looks really nice. I bet your Little Mermaid is fascinated by it all.

I'm glad all of your water paramaters are working out and it looks like your skimmer is doing a good job for you.

I'll be anxious to see more pics of your progression.

Cindy]

[I have about 250 lbs of rock....... I'll post some pics after I figure out how to make better ones with my digital camera..

thanks]

kraigrrr wrote:

[Check out the photography posts. Travis is giving good tips plus he will give lessons at your home using your tank. I believe he lives at The Colony. Once I get a few things figured out with my camera and pick up the book he suggested I'm going to give him a call. Since I live in Tyler we'll arrange to meet somewhere. He has a really neat screen saver that you can download for just $5.00. You can click on his link to prview it first. He is a professional photographer and does a beautiful job. You might want to check it out if you haven't already.

Which camera are you using?

That's a lot of rock. I'm sure your fish will enjoy all of the hiding spots.

Cindy]