Newbie with peppermints

[so ive just set up my first tank about 2 months ago (39 gallon w/ 60 lb ls and 25 lb of lr {hope to get more}) rock came with one aptasia that quickly became about 15 of the buggers. the tank cycled and my first life was one turbo for the algae and 2 peppermints for the aptasias.....well after about 3 days i was thinking maybe the shrimps were not the eating type and was dismayed. but today when i come home from class i find that EVERY one of the anemones had been devoured! my question is whether i need to feed them something else untill i get a fish (at which point i assume they will eat the leftover food) i will be getting a fish in a few days.
also what do you guys reccomend for a first fish?]

[my peppermints are just eat leftovers, and whatever else they can find. ill even hand feed them sometimes if im feeling generous.

For a first fish, you gotta love clownfish. Hardy, fish that have alot of personality. Any ones you had in mind??

Mark]

[@fingertip wrote:
from class i find that EVERY one of the anemones had been devoured! my question is whether i need to feed them said:
just about anything. They will eat from your hand also. Kinda cool until they get so bold that they start steeling from other things in the tank. :D

also what do you guys reccomend for a first fish? said:
green chromis, gold stripe maroon clowns (want one, I have an extra female ), yellow or yellow-tailed damsel (have a yellow chromis too, BTW <big>).

Stay away from for now (wait till at least 5 months): angels, any tang but maybe a purple, anthias, gobies (inc firefish), and definitely manderins.]

[My first fish was a damsel and I wish I had never then them I have a blue one and he things he owns the tank! Now that my Regal tang is in there he has clamed down but he picked on everything I put in the tank before that.

Keith]