new to the hobby......need suggestions..

I have a 30 gallon tank with two 150 gpa biowheel filtration systems a small submersible heater 2 liverocks live sand and rocks for the floor..no fish yet just working on the tank thanks

I have one tank that is like your setup that has been up for 3 years. It is ok, but now I wish it was like my other tank that has been drilled, and then plumbed through an overflow to a sump underneath. This makes it possible to have suspended detritus overflow the main display, and go into the sump filtration to be easily removed. After some time, it can be a pain removing crud when it is not skimmed out that way. But the tank looked fine for the first couple of years in spite of this problem. Hair algae popped up in the third year, so have had to manually scrub corals, and rocks, along with using a phosphate removing product.

I recommend using chemipure elite, and the mechanical filtration provided with most hang on filters.

Take your time..... Be patient..... Read lots in the mean time...... Did I say be patient? Get you water tested by a Local Fish store(Petco is not a LFS [smilie=wink.gif]) before getting any livestock.
What you have will be fine for zoas, hammers, etc.... SPS CORALS.... Not so much....
There is a lot of knowledgeable people on here that can answer any questions....along with Local Fish stores