new to nanos

i recently downsized to a nano from a 120 for reasons that i cant control but is there anything special that i should know or do to my nano to have success with it it is a 24g with live rock and some fish and a cleanup crew i've heard several diffrent things to do but i figured i would go to those who have these so please help i know its not like having a big tank so thanks in advance for all the info you are willing to pass on to me

rick

@smashmix wrote:
but is there anything special that i should know or do to my nano to have success with it... said:
Usually, folks remove the sponges from the chambers and replace them with LR rubble. If you decide to keep the sponges you need to clean them often. Also, remove the bag with the ceramic rings. Some people like to use Purigen, Chemipure, or carbon in one of the rear chambers.
Also, upgrading the pump to a MJ900 or 1200 is a good idea.

I have a nano that I have kept my sponges in, I just make sure to rinse my sponges on a weekly basis.
I have a close friend however who never cleans his, and miraculously his tank always look great. He's one of those crazy usually-just-adds-top-off-water-no-water-changes guys too though, so maybe I wouldn't go his way of luck. :D :shock: