New T5/T8 LED Tubes Coming

washingtond

Premium Member
FYI on a new product coming that bears looking into. [Info] It looks like there are many new LED lighting options coming out everyday and this is good for those looking to make the conversion.

I'll be keeping my eye out for these, anyone have an idea or 2 on price? When I was researching what lights I was going to be upgrading with I came across a really nice 8 bulb LED tube fixture for just 259 Dollars, I darn near jumped on it but after just a bit more research on the item I realized that the site did not sell any of the tubes which were roughly 230 to 280 dollars each.

I just ordered a new T5 4 bulb to replace my somewhat crappy Odyssea fixture which is headed to a frag tank but I was planning to suppplement a strip of LED's right down the center of them to get a little more light and some shimmer in the tank, so I could see this going really good if the price is right.

I saw $169 for the 4 footer, and they did not seem to be sure, yet, about the 2 and 3 footers.

How are they cooled?

David

@Wicked Irish wrote:
I'll be keeping my eye out for these said:
Im right there with you, I know which ones your talking about. Almost got those too until I realized it didnt have actual lights and had to be bought seperate [smilie=lol.gif]

Cooling is a good question, at 169 clams im thinking thats an incredible waste of money compared to putting together a DIY deal from Steves or RapidLED.

I'll be keeping my eye out for these, anyone have an idea or 2 on price?